I had the BEST time with Kristine and Austin during their Winter Salt Lake City Engagement Session! These two came ready to enjoy each other and were UP FOR ANYTHING. Their engagement photos are what it looks like when a couple lets loose and has the best time together! That’s why Kristine and Austin’s Utah engagement photos are some of my favorite engagement photos EVER. Their photos truly capture them and how much fun they have together!
Winter Salt Lake City Engagement Session
For their Salt Lake City engagement session we headed up to Cottonwood Canyon for a snowy mountain backdrop! We started off their session with a formal look. Austin wore a classic black suit and an emerald green tie to match Kristine’s dress. My jaw dropped when I saw Kristine in her emerald green gown. Can you blame me?! She looked perfect! These two looked ready to walk into a winter ball!
After taking portraits in their formal clothes, Kristine and Austin changed into casual outfits and the fun really got started!
Tips for Fun Engagement Photos
Kristine and Austin let their personalities and relationship shine through in their engagement photos! They took the direction I gave them and ran with it! They were silly, carefree, and laughing the entire time together! They went into their session ready to have a damn good time together and it shows!
These two even got into a snowball fight at the end of their session. This wasn’t your mama’s snowball fight. Kristine and Austin were out to take each other DOWN. At one point both of them had their full bodies deep in the snow trying to attack each other. It was equally impressive and hilarious!
When it comes to having fun during your engagement photos, here are a few tips I believe will help set you up for success:
- Bring a casual outfit! I love formal outfits for engagement photos, but when it comes to adding in movement and activities into your photos you need to be wearing clothes you can move in and have fun in! Movement is key!
- Choose a casual outfit you both feel comfortable and confident in! When you feel confident in what you’re wearing, that’s one less thing to worry about. This allows you to be more present during the session. I incorporate a ton of action and movement into my engagement sessions, so your casual outfits also need to be “secure”. Meaning you don’t want to be worrying about having any “slip ups” if you know what I mean. 😉
- Confidence. Be confident in yourself! Overthinking hair, makeup or how you’re looking keeps you in your head and not in the present. If I see something off with your hair or if your makeup needs to be touched up, I’ll let you know!
- Show up ready to be present and be into your partner. Everything else on your mind or going on in your life needs to stay in the car! Take a deep breath. Be you. Be together. Everything else can fall away.
- Don’t be afraid to be silly. Laugh. Love on each other. You want photos that represent your story and your relationship together, so let it shine through! I’ll already be acting ridiculous during your session, so you might as well join me and we can have the best time together!
Kristine and Austin, I love you both so freakin much and will continue to be obsessed with you forever and ever!
P.S. If you think their Utah engagement photos are amazing, just wait until you see photos of their summer wedding day! These two are on a whole other level!
Salt Lake City Engagement Photographer
I’m a destination wedding photographer based in Salt Lake City! Head to my contact page to chat about Salt Lake City Engagements!
Share this story